Thursday, July 22, 2010

Here is what's in store for the weekend

This weekend we are going to Tamarindo, a beach on the northern pacific side of Costa Rica. Unfortunately it is my last excursion, but I think it'll be a good one. :)

Again, it sounds like we're staying at one of the nicest resorts possible. I think out ISA program got really lucky this term. Because our group has more students than usual, we tend to stay at the hotels that can accommodate all of us...the bigger ones.

And as for my "cool experience that I can't have in the U.S.," I signed up for the canopy tour. With this I get to zip line across 11 cables surrounded by, hopefully, more monkeys and other wildlife. I'll be doing that early Saturday morning, so we should have the rest of the afternoon to just relax by the beach. I think a majority of this weekend will consist of laying on the beach and soaking up that last-minute equator sun. We don't get much of it around here in San José.

At 5:30 a.m. on Sunday morning we have the chance to see some howler monkeys! There's a boat that will be taking us around in order to see some birds and other things too. What's cool about this is that it's optional...and free. So even though it's at the crack of dawn, it's totally worth it! Plus we don't leave until noon that day, so we can spend even more time at the beach. I may even take some surf lessons too.

¡Hasta luego San José!

No comments:

Post a Comment