Saturday, July 3, 2010

Casa de Costa Rica

I'm not gonna lie. Out of all the rooms in my home-stay, I got a pretty sweet setup. Privacy to the max! It's been hard not to stay in my room considering how much space I have.

Not to mention, my Spanish is really not up to par and neither is my family's English. It's easier to avoid the crickets chirping if I just keep to myself. The language barrier between me and the mother of the household has been a little discouraging. I thanked her for being so patient with me though (in Spanish, might I add). She and the rest of the family are really sweet and extremely generous; it's just been hard to express my gratitude.

P.S. I had an amazing tortilla soup tonight with an arroz con leche for dessert. Mi cena fue deliciosa! And that is my room upstairs on the left. Tight balcony, I know.

4 comments:

  1. i already had a hard time understanding YOUR spanish so you must be already learning something!
    keep a recipe book for us to make your favs when you come home.

    amazing things to do with rice!

    what a great picture of your room...it actually looks pretty awesome!!!

    lets us know how school goes today!

    love you tons mi poquito senorita Leta

    mamasita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the pix and words coming. Miss you tons and tons. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog and your pics too

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom's right! Recipes are a good idea. Steal some and come home and cook for all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete